January 2001 AAOS Report
Nursing, allied health program at Annual Meeting
Listed below is the nursing and allied health program to be offered at the Academy's Annual Meeting. The AAOS and the National Association of Orthopaedic Nurses (NAON) have collaborated in the development of the nursing program. The allied health course (OTI) for orthopaedic technologists and orthopaedic physician assistants is sponsored solely by the AAOS. All courses will be held at the San Francisco Hilton & Towers Continental Ballroom.
- "Orthopaedic RN First Assistant: Current Status, Future Trends," Feb. 28, 2001, 8 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., H.M. Reynolds, MD, and Kathleen A. Geier, MS, RN, ONC, co-chairs.
- "Yuppies meet AARP! Lower Extremity Trauma," Feb. 28, 2001, 1 to 5:30 p.m., Glenn Ross, MD, and Cathy Warner, MN, RN, ONC, co-chairs.
- "From Cradle to Grave: Upper Extremity Trauma," March 1, 2001, 8 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Scott Steinmann, MD, and Helen L. Lamothe, BSN, RN, PHN, ONC, co-chairs.
- "Complementary Therapy: Fact or Fantasy?" March 2, 2001, 8 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Jeffrey Minkoff, MD, and A.J. Benham, NP, co-chairs.
- "Technology for Orthopaedic Technologists and Physician Assistants in the Next Millenium," March 2, 2001, 1 to 5:30 p.m., Randy F. Davis, MD, chairman.