Wednesday, February 13, 2002
WHERE TO EAT
For a quick breakfast or lunch within the convention center, you'll find:
- A cafeteria located in Level 3, lobby A.
- A restaurant and concession booths located in the Exhibit Hall.
- A smaller restaurant located in Level 3, Lobby C.
- Various concession carts located throughout the center.
Dining suggestions within a ten-block vicinity of the convention center include:
- The West End District, located approximately 10 blocks from the convention center, is home to more than 20 restaurants varying in price and cuisine. The district is accessible by the DART Light Rail or less than $10 by taxi.
- For no-frills "cheap eats" within three blocks of the convention center, a restaurant in the Federal Building (located on the corner of Young and Akard) serves a quick, very inexpensive breakfast and offers "home cooking" and sandwiches for lunch.
- A five-minute shuttle ride will take you to Antares at the Hyatt Regency, which offers an extensive lunch menu at reasonable prices.
- Avanti Restaurant Fountain Place (1445 Ross Avenue at Field Street) is a good bet for Italian fare and is a ten-block walk from the Contention center. It is also accessible by Light Rail and or less than $10 by taxi.
Please stop by the Restaurant Desk in the registration area for assistance in making restaurant reservations during the meeting.
Last modified 06/February/2002