Check out AAOS products at the Resource Center Bookstore
The Resource Center Bookstore—a place at the Annual Meeting where you can browse Academy books and other media—offers a great opportunity to sample Academy products before purchase. As in previous years, helpful Academy Staff will be on hand to answer any questions about existing publications and forthcoming products. There is also a demonstration area for shoppers to try out any of the Academy’s electronic media.
This year, the Resource Center Bookstore will offer attractive volume discounts. Purchase $295 or more in products and receive a $25 discount. Anyone purchasing $590 or more will receive a $50 discount. Combination discounts on certain items will also be available, and selected classic products will be on sale as well.
Look for these new items featured at the 2007 Resource Center Bookstore:
- Instructional Course Lectures Volume 56 describes current and emerging techniques and management, as presented at the AAOS 2006 Annual Meeting. A DVD video supplement illustrates surgical procedures described in the book.
- Orthopaedic Basic Science, 3rd Edition explains and reviews the biology and biomechanics of the musculoskeletal system as foundations of clinical practice. Included with this edition is a DVD collection of interactive clinical cases that expand on topics ranging from pediatric septic hip and osteoporosis to lytic and radiolucent lesions.
- Advanced Reconstruction – Shoulder presents step-by-step treatment advice and surgical solutions to help you manage 70 of the toughest shoulder cases you may see. Developed in collaboration with the American Shoulder and Elbow Surgeons (ASES).
- Advanced Reconstruction – Elbow helps you find exactly what you need to know to treat nearly 60 complex elbow conditions. Concise, expert advice, written by leading orthopaedic elbow surgeons and developed in collaboration with ASES.
- The Athlete’s Elbow combines challenging real-life patient cases, a rich visual assets library including hours of video and hundreds of images, and a variety of interactive tools and tutorials to improve your clinical and surgical decision-making for treating the elbow.
- Selective Exposures in Orthopaedic Surgery: The Hip includes intraoperative and surgical lab demonstrations of the latest, state-of-the-art surgical exposures for hip reconstruction, including anatomic landmarks and potential pitfalls.
- Surgical Techniques in Orthopaedics: Hallux Valgus will help you evaluate a variety of surgical options to successfully correct the deformity. Expert instruction and full-screen surgical detail on DVD-video provide a rich learning experience and an opportunity to earn up to 3 AMA PRA Category 1 CME Credits.™
- Standing Room Only: Spine Surgery, a new DVD-ROM program edited by K. Daniel Riew, MD, brings together a thoughtful selection of lectures, surgical demonstrations, and self-assessment on evolving applications and techniques for disk replacement, degenerative spine conditions and trauma. Earn up to 6 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits. ™
Focus on pediatrics
These new products support your interest in pediatric orthopaedics:
- Instructional Course Lectures Pediatrics is a specialized volume of pediatric-focused ICLs from the last five years. It focuses on diagnoses and management of pediatric disorders often seen in the emergency department. It’s an ideal choice for the orthopaedic generalist or specialist who doesn’t often treat pediatric patients.
- Orthopaedic Knowledge Update: Pediatrics 3 distills the most significant developments in pediatric orthopaedics from 2002 – 2005 into a concise, readable volume. Developed by the Pediatric Orthopaedic Society of North America and published by AAOS.
- Standing Room Only: Pediatric Orthopaedic Trauma offers you a front-row seat to the recent Academy skills course focused on the treatment options for pediatric fractures and other trauma. Edited by Gregory A. Mencio, MD, this DVD-ROM program combines surgical demonstrations, case presentations, and self-assessment. Earn up to 6 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits. ™
Be sure to visit
The Resource Center Bookstore is located in the Sails Pavilion, on Level 2 of the San Diego Convention Center. It will be open today through Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.; Saturday from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.; and on Sunday from 7:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. An additional, smaller Resource Center Bookstore location can be found on the exhibit floor in Publisher’s Row, at Booth 522 in Hall A.