April 2002 Bulletin
Easy-to-build OrthoDoc Web sites offer multiple benefits
Its easy to build an AAOS OrthoDoc personal physician or group practice Web site. Members construct the sites interactively using a choice of two fill-in-the-blanks template designs. Content is customized by physician(s) and often includes:
- Doctor photos and practice logos.
- Educational backgrounds, board certifications, professional memberships and achievements.
- Specialties, scopes of practice and approaches to treating patients.
- Hospital affiliations and community activities.
- Office locations, contact information and maps.
- Insurance plans, payment options and registration forms.
Physicians who build AAOS OrthoDoc Web sites gain multiple benefits, including:
- Easy-to-remember Web site addresses, such as "OrthoDoc.aaos. org/DrYourName".
- Automatic site listing in the AAOS "Find a Surgeon" Internet patient information tool.
- Ability to link to articles on the AAOS patient education Web site, Your Orthopaedic Connection, or any other site on the Internet.
- Automatic subscription to a quarterly e-mail newsletter with links to new articles on Your Orthopaedic Connection.
- Other enhancements such as Web site utilization statistics and counters that show the number of homepage visits.
AAOS members who want more information about building an OrthoDoc Web site can visit the Member Services section of the AAOS homepage (http://www.aaos.org), send an e-mail message to: OrthoDoc@aaos.org, or phone Mary Ann Nicholson in the AAOS Information Services Department at (847) 384-4286.