October 2002 Bulletin
OrthoStar Basic: $199 first year, $199 annually(Palm and Pocket PC)
- Surgical Documentation Facilitates timely surgical documentation, coding and charge submission by allowing information to be readily transferred to the office server via modem or "direct sync."
- Accounts Receivable: Allows billing personnel convenient access to charges for easy generation of summary reports for billing purposes.
OrthoStar Plus: $499 first year, $250 annually(Palm and Pocket PC)
- Surgical scheduling Allows office staff to schedule surgery on the desktop PC, specifying patient demographics and insurance information, case-specific details, diagnoses and procedures (with ICD-9 and CPT codes). This information is then synchronized to the surgeons handheld device, at which point he or she can quickly update the pre-entered information and complete the documentation for each patient.
- Consult Allows the user to quickly document non-surgical care provided outside the office, including emergency department consults and services provided at the hospital bedside.
- Superbill Allows the provider to quickly code and capture charges for patient care services provided in the office.
- Accounts Receivable Same as in OrthoStar Basic.
OrthoStar Premium: $499 first year, $250 annually (Pocket PC only)
- Operatives Report Templates Allow the physician to build Pocket PC or HPC templates, linked to CPT codes for common procedures, that generate customized surgical reports. Pre-built templates also are available for download and customization, eliminating the need for users to create their own template.
- DayNotes DayNotes is a transcription utility that imports voice files dictated into a handheld device into a standard PC for transcription, and exports completed transcriptions back into the patient record.
* OrthoStar Premium is not a "stand alone" module; it adds functionality to OrthoStar Basic or Plus. All prices listed are for AAOS members. Nonmember prices are higher.